for New or First-time Managers
Understand the power of persuasion and what it means to use your influence to impact an outcome. Understanding thoughts, actions and behaviors has an either or consequence. Oftentimes we have to understand what we are getting behind in the workplace in order to come up with a shared solution.
- Learn how commitment to a position is the first step in the art of persuasion.
- Become aware of how the influence of others influences your decision making.
- Understand the basics of negotiation and the difference between persuasion and influence.
for High-potential, First-time Managers
To be an effective negotiator you need to recognize when and how to influence others. The art of influence may be required to manage disputes during negotiations to get others to understand and to accept your position.
- Define and identify influence and negotiation.
- Draw from organizational sources of power to increase your influence.
- Explain how to use different influencing styles to suit different situations.
- Prepare for and plan an effective negotiation
for Mid to senior level leaders
On the phone, face to face, in the hallway, via email, or during formal meetings; decisions on a strategic direction, solving a dispute, or dividing project labor among your management team, negotiation is required.
- Leverage how and when to apply effective influence and negotiation.
- Expand your effectiveness through complex negotiations.
- Learn the latest strategies and frameworks to negotiate and influence successfully.
- Increase your self-awareness and improve your ability to understand strengths and weaknesses in yourself and others for a competitive advantage at the bargaining table and beyond.
for Executives and Senior Leaders
Building rapport is a key skill of top negotiators. Those who master influence and negotiation are likely to have positive outcomes with employees, other management executives, partners, clients, customers, and the public at large. They develop trust and likeability by maintaining control of their emotions, and understanding the needs, desires, and thought process of the people they work with.
- Learn to recognize and interpret interpersonal signals in both face-to-face and virtual settings across cultures generations and geographies.
- Learn how cultural and cross-border differences can influence negotiations in significant ways.
- Understand different strategic choices and interpersonal skills that drive success to create a win-win scenario.
- Experience negotiations with multiple stakeholders in real-life business scenarios.
for Executives and Senior Leaders
At the heart of persuasion at a leadership level is the influence based on respect. Learning to respect an opposing opinion, and be respected for listening with grace and awareness are all keys to harnessing the power of persuasion. Persuasion is a process by which you lead others to a shared solution and a desired result. Having influence over your team depends on the level of motivation and listening skills a leader has.
- Learn how compromise can be both motivating and a higher solution to current challenges in the workplace.
- Adaptive persuasion style that best suits your communication.
- Learn effective listening skills through responsible communication techniques and very feedback.
- Integrate a solution based mindset can not only mitigate future obstacles and disagreements but also create a pathway for success.